Monday, November 10, 2008

candied bacon




Ever since I first googled it I have been captivated-- utterly-- by the idea of making candied bacon. I love bacon so much that one time I ate a beggin' strip because it looked so much like bacon. They taste pretty bad though, take my word for it.


Anyways, even after that feel-good kosher-friendly seitan binge of last week (& I'm snackin' on those chewy little guys right now, don't you worry) something rang out in my soul when I was reading this edible brooklyn magazine in Alex's apartment and some dude said "pigs are 95 percent candy." And that is the truth.

bacon candy


a couple strips of bacon
a handful or so of brown sugar

Lay the bacon on a cookie sheet or better yet, a rack over a cookie sheet. Parchment paper is your friend, here, if you have some lying around. Pat the sugar down on top of the bacon.

Bake on 350 for 25 minutes.

Oh yes, success. What's that you say? I am a latter day Homer Simpson and going to die soon? Yes and probably. But you are going to have to pry this bacon from my cold, dead hands.

No comments: